Chamber’s Memorial Hospital’s Swing Bed Program is a skilled care program that offers admission to patients that require rehabilitating, transitional care following a hospital stay, acute surgery, or illness. Swing bed programs also allow patients who were hospitalized or had surgery performed at another healthcare facility, to transfer to their community hospital and receive skilled care close to home during their recovery.
Stays are anticipated to be short term and can be utilized for a variety of conditions including but not limited to stroke, heart disease, joint replacement, and other surgeries, respiratory diseases, and extended antibiotic therapy.
Benefits of our Swing Bed Program
- Recovery in a safe and secure environment, close to home.
- Skilled nurses and physicians are available 24 hours a day.
- Access to healthcare specialists, including physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, respiratory therapists, and dieticians.
- Coordinated team services are provided to help address nutrition, pain and medical management while your strength and function improve enough to return home.
- If you are ready to be discharged but require additional care upon returning home, our Discharge Coordinator will help arrange Home Health and therapy services
For more information regarding our Swing Bed Program, please contact our Swing Bed Coordinator, Brandi Stroud, at 479-495-6397.